Sans Soucis Cosmetics
“Sans Soucis” – a name that in Europe evokes two associations: the favourite palace of Frederick the Great in Potsdam, and the great cosmetic brand. In 1939, company founder Walter Friedmann opened his first beauty salon not far from the Sans Soucis palace in Potsdam. Here he developed cosmetic products which gradually won worldwide acclaim. His clear commitment: the development of innovative beauty products with a close-to-nature core.
In 1945, the famous regenerating thermal spring waters of Baden-Baden led the company founder to relocate company headquarters to Bühl, Baden. In 1962 the company ultimately moved to Baden-Baden, where it is still based today. Product development, production, research and marketing are all conducted from these premises. Walter Friedmann died in 1970, and his wife Maria Augustin took charge of the company. The company became known as Fribad Cosmetics Group, and remained a family enterprise until 2008. The Kolonna Group under Mrs Ieva Plaude purchased the company early in 2008. In 2010, the company again changed hands, and was taken over by a financial concern. The holding company is now known as Baden-Baden Cosmetics Group.